The ADHD Assessment Clinic @ Breakthrough Psychology Practice can help provide psychometric testing, and diagnosis of children with difficulties around inattention, impulsivity and concentration difficulties. Upon completion of Assessment and Testing, Clinical Psychologist, Narmi will provide you with a detailed written report and treatment recommendations. Medication is one treatment option considered by family’s after a child or teenager is diagnosed with ADHD.
ADHD Comprehensive Assessment Pathway
When to test for Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD) in children?
- Your child is highly impulsive and constantly ends up in trouble due to an inability to control his/her behaviour.
- Your child has a “short attention span” and he/she is unable remember simple instructions.
- Your child’s teacher or preschool teacher is concerned about behavioural issues or violence towards other children.
- Your child has no friends because he/she is “too intense” for other children.
- You or your family is concerned about your child’s behaviour or ability to follow instructions
The ADHD Comprehensive assessment incorporates an Educational Assessment, which includes an IQ an Educational assessment allowing for an overall understanding of behaviour, with an attempt to rule any other concerns.
ADHD Comprehensive Assessment